Friday, July 15, 2011

Fail.

I spent yesterday evening making everything for today's picnic lunch amongst the trees. Husband decided that spinach artichoke dip sounded delicious so instead of lettuce wraps I made the aforementioned dip as well as a crab and shrimp dip and a cheese spread.

I toasted up pieces of french bread to accompany the spreads.

DON'T WORRY.

I am all healthy.

I also chopped up radish, cucumber and carrot to dip into the cheese/cream/fat based food I have prepared.

Crisis averted!

I wish I had some kind of fresh fruit to take but I don't.

I do however have angel food cake and a sauce I made with frozen strawberries.

I also made spicy cream chai tea to drink.

Want to know the really sucky part of my day though?

It's just after 5:30 am. This morning I woke up at 4:15 to take my husband to work by 4:30. Then I came home, did dishes, put plates and utensils into a bag for our picnic.

I was all happy with my brilliant plan of being to work by 5:30 so I could get out by 9:30 and pick up my husband, who is off work at 9:15.

Except as I am 30 feet away from work 15 minutes ago I realize that I do not have my keys so I cannot actually get in the building.

Okay... so I could just get my keys...

Except they are not in my car or my house so I am pretty certain they are locked inside of the building that I want to enter.

>.O

So I can't get into work until 7:30 am, when someone else shows up (with keys).

Lame sauce.

I was all excited to have an early jump on my day.

Also what the heck am I going to do for the next hour and forty-five minutes?

Also also I am out of half and half so I cannot even have coffee.

YARGH!

No comments:

Post a Comment