Monday, July 18, 2011

I Love Sundays

My eating over the weekend was not incredibly awesome. I keep succumbing to the evil temptress that is dessert. (More specifically vanilla bean ice cream watered down with milk and topped with whipped cream... mini-milkshake)

Also my picnic hike went GREAT... except for the fact that we did not actually go. Instead we lazed about. Had dinner with my parents.

On Saturday I turned my crab/shrimp dip into "pasta" by boiling spaghetti noodles and heaping a few heated globs on top and then stirring it around. My husband thought it was amazing.

The only leftovers I like are pizza and lasagna. Everything else... Mehhhh. I get sick of it.

I now have to figure out what to do with the spinach and artichoke dip. Smear it on a pizza crust and add some other toppings? With chicken in a wrap? A layer inside of a lasagna? I have yet to decide but I need to incorporate it into a meal by tomorrow or I fear it will never be eaten.

THE HORROR THAT IS MONEY AND TIME WASTED!!

I also made an angel food cake. It was wayyyyy too sweet for my liking. It used powdered sugar AND regular sugar in the recipe. I think it would have been good with one or the other. Everyone who is not freakish like me liked it though. Especially with sliced strawberries and whipped cream on top.

Yesterday the husband took me out on a mini-afternoon-adventure. Magically the only shorts I have left have become a little too loose. I've been having to wear extra long shirts with them so people don't get an unwelcome view of my fanny crack. I wanted to find a pair of well-fitting shorts (cuz hello it's 100 degrees outside!) but to no avail. I did get a gold banana republic pencil skirt with a paisley pattern for $3 though. It's a little too big but it was too beautiful to pass up. Maybe I'll have it taken in when I lose a little more weight. (Yes I love it that much!)

I also got a HUGE colorful painting to hang above my couch in the living room. Me and that painting are soul mates. I have been in the market for gigantic artwork to hang in my living room but everything that is the size I wanted was $100+. Uh (my favorite flower) daisies? Painted in colors that just so happen to match my living room? The jumbo size I wanted? For $5? YES!!

While I was browsing clothing my husband wandered off and returned 20 minutes later with a book in hand. "The Good Husband" by Lisa Gardner. "Did you already read this... or did you tell me you wanted to read it?" I read the back and quickly determined it wasn't something I had already read. "Never read it." Upon inspecting the inside cover we determined that I had read a different Lisa Gardner book and that's what he had been thinking of. It was $2, which is more than I usually pay for paperbacks, but he really wanted to get it for me. He was all excited to find something I'd like on his own.

After the thrifting he really wanted Five Guys... so that's what we had. There was a frozen yogurt place next door that I'd never tried and I will not even lie... I had to get one. I got original tart (my favorite), passion dragon fruit, and red velvet cake for funsies. All of the flavors were delicious... In fact... I would so go there again tonight.

*Contemplates*

Then we went to my brother's work, a specialty tea shop. Like Starbucks, but with tea. I ordered "Love Blend" which had rose, cream earl grey and a tea called buddha's choice. Sweetened and with cream. It was delicious. I'm fairly certain buddha's choice is a green tea, but prepared a certain way. It almost tastes... roasted and nutty. Similar in taste, I think, to soy nuts.

Then we went home and I read the book my husband picked out by Lisa Gardner. Mmmmm I don't know if I'll read something by her again. It read more like a romance novel than a thriller and was all kinds of sexed-up. Not really my thing. Women who are all "SAVEEE MEEEEE big strong man!!" annoy me.

I got my huge stockpile of books on Thursday and since then have consumed one book per day. My rate will definitely slow down now. I'm going to be insanely busy this week so I'll be lucky if I finish one book.

I'm going out of town on Thursday which, I already know, is going to be bad news for my eating habits. We don't have a lot of money to spend on food which means I'll be eating mostly from places like Chick-Fil-A and In n Out. Still I am determined to be calorie-conscious and limit my portions. We'll see how it goes.

As for today, I'm doing pretty well. My husband woke me up and had scrambled two eggs for me with salt and pepper. I sleepily shoved them into my mouth. A few hours ago I ate roasted zucchini, yellow squash and mushrooms and maybe 1/2 an ounce of roasted chicken. Started feeling woozy and decided it was carby-sugar time. Had a bagel that I smeared with a 1/2 tbsp of accidental homemade cheese spread.

(After my failed 4 attempts at making cheese crisps I took my anger out on the sharp cheddar cheese and pepper jack I had grated and left sitting on the counter for 20 minutes. It smashed into a ball. I thinned it with sour cream. It became a delicious cheese spread. Now I am already thinking of a mozzarella-oregano-sun dried tomato combo.)

Beverage wise I had a cinnamon via with vanilla bean latte powder added in. I usually don't have sugar in my coffee (both products have sugar added) but my work place is out of creamer and I can't drink coffee black. Now I'm sipping on Joy tea.

The plan for dinner is kale, salmon (either lemon butter or spicy orange maple glazed... haven't decided) and jasmine rice.

I realize I haven't eaten any fruit today so after I go to the gym (*crosses fingers*) I'll blend frozen banana chunks with chocolate almond milk and call the day a success.

No comments:

Post a Comment