Friday, January 6, 2012

So stupid, so lazy.

Tried on a jacket the other day only to realize my arms weren't quite fitting into it.

Uh oh.

Put on some jeans the other day only to realize they were a little more snug than usual.

Double uh oh.

So finally I was prompted to check the scale.

Damn.

It said 140.

I hopped on again the next morning to get a more accurate picture and it said 137.

One way or another (see also: by stuffing my face with whatever I felt like) I gained 5-10 pounds back in the past couple of months.

Annoying.

So I'm back to calorie counting. And I've made a resolution to exercise for 20 minutes a day, in whatever form I feel like.

Yesterday I ate 2100 calories and I'm still kind of cringing over that, but what can you do?

I'm clearly still learning.

It's weird because I'm actually having an easier time with the exercising than the eating part of things right now. Usually the eating is easy and the exercising is the bane of my existence.

I'm considering doing something drastic for a week just to exercise my will power.

Not like totally starving myself or liposuction or chopping off a limb drastic.

But maybe cutting out sugar and flour or sticking to veggies and lean protein or some other super "diety" thing that I could never maintain realistically forever.

Baaaahhhh. I know that's just the crazy girl inside of me who hates feeling all flabilicious.

Shut up you! Go eat some broccoli!

1 comment:

  1. I think a drastic change for a week, like no sugar or no white flour, can be a good thing to kick start a new way of eating. I am this.close to cutting out all sugar for a week, as my consumption has been steadily increasing since November. Ugh.

    ReplyDelete