Okay so I love buying things I've never cooked with before. Lately I've been doing a lot of that. Which means my kitchen and pantry are stocked with interesting new-to-me items.
The problem is... they're never going to get used unless I actually plan to make something with them!
So here is where the brainstorming begins.
I take five ingredients and I find five recipes for each one.
Then I actually have ideas for what to use the ingredients in and they get used! YAY!
Pasta Puttanesca, image courtesy of kitchenriffs.com
- Chicken with lemon-caper sauce
- Mini cornbread crab cakes with lemon-caper sauce
- Grilled Nopalitos with Caper Cumin Aioli
- Cuban Sea Bass
- Portobello sandwiches
Mini cornbread crab cakes, image courtesy of cookinglight.com
- Oaty bread. White cheddar or gruyere. Fig butter. Grilled in butter. 'Nuff said. Sort of like this
- Fig crumble bars
- Honey scones with fig butter smeared on
- Fig vinaigrette
- Caramelized Banana and Fig Oatmeal
Honey scones, image courtesy of buttermilkbakes.com
- Cheesy Quinoa Burgers
- Vegetable Fried Quinoa
- Warm Quinoa Salad with Pears, Pecan and Raisins
- Quinoa Tabbouleh
- Quinoa fruit salad with yogurt
Cheesy quinoa burger, image courtesy of nutmegnotebook.com
Pumpkin risotto, image courtesy of trissalicious.com