Friday, September 2, 2011

Five For Friday

Okay so I love buying things I've never cooked with before. Lately I've been doing a lot of that. Which means my kitchen and pantry are stocked with interesting new-to-me items.

The problem is... they're never going to get used unless I actually plan to make something with them!

So here is where the brainstorming begins.

I take five ingredients and I find five recipes for each one.

Then I actually have ideas for what to use the ingredients in and they get used! YAY!



ANCHOVY PASTE

Pasta Puttanesca, image courtesy of kitchenriffs.com



CAPERS
Mini cornbread crab cakes, image courtesy of cookinglight.com



FIG BUTTER
  1. Oaty bread. White cheddar or gruyere. Fig butter. Grilled in butter. 'Nuff said. Sort of like this
  2. Fig crumble bars
  3. Honey scones with fig butter smeared on
  4. Fig vinaigrette
  5. Caramelized Banana and Fig Oatmeal

Honey scones, image courtesy of buttermilkbakes.com

Pumpkin risotto, image courtesy of trissalicious.com

No comments:

Post a Comment