Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Mmmm roasty hooker sauce.

The ultra-exciting recap of yesterday's eats!

Also known as... What I Ate Wednesday!




I don't remember but I'm pretty sure the day started with coffee.

And then there was sticky rice + coconut milk for breakfast.



A really huge portion. Definitely bigger than this. Probably bigger than my head. And eaten at my desk.

When I got off work at 12 I went home and roasted a can of tomatoes.

Here's proof. In case you thought I would lie about something as serious as tomatoes.




Yup. A can. Well I mean I didn't roast them IN the can... But I wanted to know if it would make a difference in taste.

However I can't say I distinctly remember the taste of canned tomatoes and therefore had no idea if there was a difference or not.

Also I did not eat the tomatoes like that. That would be weird.

I made a salad for lunch. Took 2 bites. Threw it away. Wasn't feeling it. Ate 3 bites of broccoli.

Roasted a banana and peaches to make this smoothie.




Roasted banana + roasted peaches + coconut milk. Except we had no ice so the smoothie was warm. o.o Stuck it in the freezer.

Ate some of these.




Emerald cocoa dusted almonds. Yum.

Forgot about smoothie and lunch and took a nap.

Woke up at 4 pm. Remembered smoothie. Frozen solid. Ate half of it with a spoon.

Made dinner.




Caesar salad with homemade dressing and croutons. I will not eat store-bought croutons at all. But homemade ones? It's like... crunchy garlic bread... Of course I am down with that.

Caesar salad dressing though? Not so down with it. I knew that. I don't know why I keep doing this to myself. Pretending to like things I do not actually like.

I am in major food pickiness denial.

Alongside Caesar salad... Pasta Puttanesca.



Did you know Puttanesca means "lady of the night" or something like that? Yeah... so basically... whore pasta. (Okay now I really want to make a reference to the fact that there are anchovies in the sauce... But I won't. Just imagine I did.)

It was some delicious whore pasta though. I used the roasted tomatoes in the sauce. Also there was supposed to be meatballs but they all fell apart. So instead we had bolognese-puttanesca (aka meaty whore pasta), hold the 'nesca for my husband who does not like olives. He's weird. Or I guess if you hate olives too then he's normal and I'm weird.

But I'm pretty sure I'm normal and you guys are weird. Olives are delicious.

Shush.

Conveniently not quite all of the pasta and sauce fit into the tupperware I selected. *Cough* So I was obligated to eat the remainder.

And then later I made one of these.



In case you are not well-versed in... well... life...

That's a s'more! I also ate 3 other marshmallows unadorned.

I did however get them nice and toasty using a butane blow torch. Yeah... like... the kind they sell at home depot for meltin' and weldin' and fixin' stuff.

Mmhmm. I use mine for marshmallows.

You cannot even handle how hardcore I am.

Then there were thirds of the pasta.

And there was another nap. And I read a book.

It was a pretty good day.

How 'bout you?

5 comments:

  1. I don't do olives either. No hooker sauce for me. Smore's however? Bring it on.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hahaha, I need some whore pasta! That made me laugh out loud :-)
    I love the sound of sticky rice for breakfast, roasted banana, the almonds...
    And a while ago, I went out for dinner and the waitress said the only thing that was guaranteed gluten-free was the olives... so I had a bowl of them for dinner. Lucky I like them really... :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think I will have to start roasting fruits for smoothies, sounds so good!

    I like my sauce a little dirty, hehe.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sticky rice!! You weren't kidding :) I love it! I'm curious, how do you cook yours? I think I've figured it out, but am never sure!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's what puttanesca means?! I learned how to make pasta puttanesca at a cooking class and they SO did not tell us that ;)

    Or maybe they told us that, but my friend and I were too busy making immature ball jokes while we were making cake balls.

    I wish I was lying... but I'm not. I'm so mature.

    ReplyDelete