Friday, September 2, 2011

Today was filled with YUM

This morning I got up at 5:20 and attempted another pumpkin coffee. Too much pumpkin. Drank 1/4 of it and then got my usual cinnamon-laced watered down americano from Starbucks. 60 calories. While I was getting ready I also set some more sticky rice out to soak.

Was out and about for awhile, then got home at around 8 am. Immediately started steaming the rice.

And then the best breakfast I have ever had was born.

It goes a little something like this... one serving of sticky rice, 1.5 tsp shredded sweetened coconut flakes, 2 tbsp. lite coconut milk, 1-2 roasted plums and a sweetener all mashed together. 240 calories.

From this.




To this.





Make. This. Immediately.

Your food hole will thank you.

Sticky rice, by the way, is actually a kind of rice. It's not just regular old white or jasmine rice prepared some mystical way. You can find it at most asian markets. It is usually labelled as sweet or glutinous rice. It's also really easy to prepare. You soak it for 20-30 minutes and then steam it for 25 minutes or so. For steaming you'll want to lay down cheese cloth or banana leaves so the rice doesn't fall through the holes and so it doesn't stick like crazy. If you don't have a steamer I have seen various microwave/in a pot methods as well.

The texture is heaven to me. I just love the chewiness gluten adds to things. I'm a sucker for it.


Today was a cranberry juice kinda day. 50 calories.




It was also a super-amazing-deliciously-amazing lunch kind of day as well.




Toasted rye bread. Over-easy egg. Turkey bacon. Garlic spread. If I had known I could eat stuff that tasted this good and still lose weight I'd have gotten skinny a loooonggg time ago. 260 calories.

As a snack I had some artichoke and literally a teaspoon of butter. 75 calories.

After work I met up with my mom and aunt to go to Trader Joe's. Apparently this is going to be some kind of weekly tradition. Fine by me. ;)

I opened up a snack I got from Trader Joe's and ate some of it to quell the hunger beast. 50 calories.

I really didn't need to do that because about 3 minutes later I got In n Out. If you'd like to see a picture refer back to Monday-ish. My usual lettuce wrapped burger and fries and diet soda. 650 calories.

Then I came home and had one of these for dessert.



Microwave S'more. Half a graham cracker, a big fluffy marshmallow and 4 chocolate chips. There IS chocolate. You just can't see it cuz I like to taste more marshmallow with just a subtle hint of chocolate. 65 calories.

Now I'm drinking chocolate tea with both chocolate and vanilla almond milk mixed in. 40 calories.

Finished at around 1500 calories. Today was my eat-more-than-usual to trick the ol' metabolism day.

I give today a 6 out of 10. Not enough veggies. And lots and lots and lots of simple carbohydrates.

Wanna see my TJ's loot? I know ya do. I stocked back up on some stuff I've already tried before... namely the Jasmine rice and seaweed snacks. But I got a couple new-to-me things as well.





Skinny fries. They taste OK. I am ruined by the awesomeness that is those crack Veggie Straws costco sells. Uhm... those things are amazing. And these just do not compare sadly.

Vanilla unsweetened almond milk. My first experience with almond milk was with unsweetened original. Hated it. Then chocolate almond milk came along and redeemed nut milk in my eyes. Decided to give the unsweetened vanilla a chance and... I like it! I can see me eating it with my puffins in the morning, stirring it into my tea (cuz I already did) and mixing it into smoothies. Best part? A whole cup for 45 calories AND 20% of my daily calcium. Hecks to the yeah.

Low-fat Parmesan Ranch dressing... WHERE THE HECK HAVE YOU BEEN ALL MY LIFE?!! Now that I have found you PLEASE DO NOT LEAVE ME... EVER!! This stuff is just as good as the "regular". No actually, it's better. Cuz it only has 35 calories in TWO tablespoons. *dances for glee*

Okay... but by far the most life changing purchase of the night... nay... week... nay... month... was this coconut milk.

O.O

*blink*

O.O

*hyperventilates*

IT IS SO CRAZY AMAZING GOOD!! 90 calories for a cup. That makes it calorically equal to the skim milk I buy. Plus it is about 800,000 times more delicious. I could literally drink a carton a day. I won't. But I could.

Happily.

I did not even know I loved coconut this much guys.

I will leave you with this adorable picture of my sexy little man.


"Don't worry mommy, I will protect you from this evil alligator ring of doom. NOM NOM NOM."

I swear he looks like a bunny to me when he sits like that.

I'm off to meal plan!


No comments:

Post a Comment