Sunday, August 28, 2011

Just Dance. Gonna Be Okay. Doo doo doo...

I am all sweaty and gross. I cannot wait to crawl into bed with my husband and my baby.

And by baby- I actually mean my dog. I didn't give birth in the last 24 hours. He's a really cute dog though. Cuter then most babies, in fact.

More on my sweaty grossness later.

First. The eats.

I woke up way too early this morning and was out and about with my dad, uncle and husband.

We stopped at Starbucks. I got my typical drink of course and then started trying to figure out some sort of breakfast-type-eating-food-thing. I wanted something lighter than their sandwiches and didn't want to pay $4 for plain old oatmeal. Eventually I found some kind of raw gojiberry energy bar. Then I looked at the back "nutritional facts" and then I picked up the bag of chips sitting next to it and looked at those "nutritional facts".

The chips won. More fiber + vitamin a. Plus they were $3 cheaper and probably more delicious too.

So breakfast was these. Unconventionally awesome.


Check out the facts.


Not bad for "chips".

I had 75 calories worth of creamer in my coffee(s) this morning. Stupid Starbucks doesn't carry non fat half and half or else my calorie count would be significantly less.

I digress.

For lunch I had a salad. Butter leaf lettuce, salami, mozzarella, an egg, 2 black olives (that's all my dad would share with me) and a dressing I concocted on the spot. It was good. A teaspoon and a half of mayo, 2 teaspoons of percent milk, mustard, pepper, fresh crushed garlic and a tablespoon of parmesan cheese.


290 calories. Left my breath tasting garlicky for hours.

Wasn't satisfied with the salad so I made this smoothie afterwards.


Frozen blueberries, strawberries, water, ice, sweetener, vanilla and a bit of greek yogurt.

Tasted like garlic. (By the way, have you ever had garlic ice cream? It sounds strange, I know. But it's actually quite delicious.) 95 calories.

Dinner was another salad on account of I bought a 3 pound bag of lettuce and wanna use it up before it goes bad.


This one had chicken, reduced fat feta cheese, kalamata olives and balsamic dressing. 200 calories. I had also some watermelon with it. 75 calories.

Oh yeah. Remember that garlic breath I mentioned? I went somewhere after that and couldn't find any mints. I did happen to have an A&W candy though. Didn't really want to waste the calories on it, but I also didn't want to scare anyone away with my hideous breath so I sucked it up and ate it. 25 calories.

Started getting hungry towards the end of the night. Instead of having ice cream I went the more nutritional route.



2 slices of whole wheat bread and one "cheddar" baby bel cheese. (Which tastes absolutely nothing like cheddar, by the way, if you wondered.)

1200 calories for the day.

Goal progress:

1) I ate 1200 calories today and the only thing that didn't do me any nutritional favors was the hard candy. 25 calories out of 1200. So instead of 80/20 it was more like 98/2. Some people might not consider salami or salad dressing "nutritional" but I actually think fat in moderation is important so I'm counting it as healthy and balanced. Overall. Today gets a 9 out of 10! Not perfect, but pretty dang close.

2) I did indeed keep to my exercise promise. Hence the sweaty grossness. I played "Just Dance" for 45 minutes. Which is how long it took my heart rate monitor to guesstimate I had burned 200 calories. I'm pooped!

3) I haven't researched strength training yet, but my plan is to do it tomorrow!

Okay, gotta hit the hay. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment